Suzi Quatro In Search of ..... Patsy Cline (mp3 docu.)

  • Colin Kilgour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      A fine documentary in spite of, not because of, the intensely irritating Ms.
      Q. Sadly, any Quatro presented show is always far too much about Quatro. I
      would much have preferred two hours with Harold Bradley and Ray Walker both
      of whom are superb in this (when they are allowed to be)

      Unfortunately we are victim to this cult of the 'personality presenter'.
      SQ brings an annoying 'know it all' attitude, worsened by a trait of
      regularly interrupting and finishing the interviewee's sentences way too
      soon.

      But please - don't let this prevent you from enjoying a programme dedicated
      to a brilliant artist. Great songs used - the faves + several not so often
      played

      The abrupt ending as Sweet Dreams plays out, was exactly as the BBC
      iPlayer ended (how naff) but hopefully it was only a 'credits' announcement
      that was missed off. Plus, I was poised to divide the prog. at the hour
      mark but there was no break, so this flows in one whole piece

      ===================
      Suzi Quatro In Search of ..... Patsy Cline

      Join Suzi Quatro in her quest for the woman behind the myth that is Patsy
      Cline. Suzi travels to Nashville to talk to the family, friends and musical
      colleagues of the woman who recorded some of the greatest country songs. She
      explores how Patsy got on as a woman in a man's world and finds out what
      happened on the night of her fatal plane crash.

      Contributors include Patsy's second husband Charlie Dick and their daughter
      Julie; guitarist Harold Bradley, who played on all her hits; Ray Walker of
      The Jordanaires [Elvis' backing singers]; and country singer Mandy Barnett,
      who's played Patsy in the musical based on her life.

      This is an extended version of the documentary first broadcast on Radio 2 in
      May 2011. Duration 117 minutes (159MB, 192 kbps)
      http://www.mediafire.com/?ccb3w9mott8vbkf