Split Personality

  • fan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
      I added Split Personality by Bill Taylor & Smokey Joe with Clyde
      Leoppard's Snearly Ranch Boys of the Sun label to the files.

      While I loved all the earlier music in the fifties, since I love that
      wild early Rock and Roll I sure must have a Split Personality.
      Mature folks were railing against us and pulling out their hair.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Ellington
      There's good music and bad music. I like both.

      This is fun!
      JD
    • Larry Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
        That "Split Personality" is a good record. I hadn't heard it before, nor have I heard of the artists. Sounds like very early '50s music to me.

        There's something appealing about music that was done all in one take, with no overdubs or re-recording parts to make it "perfect".

        I'm not sure if I can tell "good" music from "bad" music. But I think I can differentiate among "better" music, although not with any technical explanations. Like most folks, I just know what I like.

        Larry Davis
        > I added Split Personality by Bill Taylor & Smokey Joe with Clyde
        > Leoppard's Snearly Ranch Boys of the Sun label to the files.
        >
        > While I loved all the earlier music in the fifties, since I love that
        > wild early Rock and Roll I sure must have a Split Personality.
        > Mature folks were railing against us and pulling out their hair.
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Ellington
        > There's good music and bad music. I like both.
        >
        > This is fun!
        > JD

      • fan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
          Rhino shows it being released on the Flip Label #502 February 1955.
          Bill Taylor vocal, Smokey Joe Baugh vocal - piano, Buddy Holobaugh
          guitar, Stan Kesler steel guitar, and Clyde Leoppard drums.

          I laugh a lot.
          JD
          --- In Coulda-Been-Country@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Davis"