What a great reference!

  • kakurlander@airbridge.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2001
      This weekend my husband and I attended a 1920s costume party
      benefit "at the home of Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford" (in our
      imaginations, anyway!). In outr neighborhood, these parties are a
      big deal, and as most of my "dress-up" wardrobe is Victorian, I was
      at a loss as to what to wear. (The men have it SO easy -- a tailcoat
      and a tux jacket and they're ready for anything from 1860 onward!)

      So of course, I checked the readings and pictures for this
      class's "between the wars" section and found information on dress
      styles and lengths, hair and makeup, how to roll my stockings, etc.
      It was then realtively easy to find something adaptable and
      accessorize it appropriately. I got a lot of compliments on my
      outfit, and didn't have to spend more than a half-hour adapting it.
      Thanks, Tara! -- Karen Ann