Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] First steps in that group

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17 12:04 AM
      The link is lovely, and the French part of the site on the topic has even more cool stuff.  I've just posted a link to the videos on the Costumer's Manifesto Facebook page: "Check out these short "teaser" videos on the Underwear exhibit in Paris just now.  Both Sexy and Postmodern.  There is lots of cool exhibit stuff on their site in French, not much in English, but the pictures & Videos require no translation, and there is always using a translation plugin with your browser."http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/francais/mode-et-textile/expositions-70/actuellement-447/la-mecanique-des-dessous-une/decouvrez-les-teasers-video-de-l%c2%a0

      Also, never worry about getting English "perfect", it can't be done.  Highly educated English born speakers argue about it, and the one point everyone agrees on is nobody ever gets it right.  It is not so much a language as an assemblage of bits of all the other languages on the planet.  The two best descriptions of English that I know are "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results." and "
      The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
      English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow
      words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways
      to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."

      ---Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer Diablo Valley College
      Founder of The Costumer's Manifesto Wiki at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com
      Design Portfolio at http://TaraMaginnis.com Class Photos at http://TaraMaginnisClasses.Shutterfly.com
      Buy my DVD-Rom Teaching series on Theatrical Makeup at http://www.theatricaldesign.com/makeup/