Why I'm here! :)

  • julia_gilchrist04
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2012
      Hi All,

      I live in Australia and work at our national museum. I've always loved period drama TV serials and film, and grew up reading Jane Austen books, which is what sparked my interest in costume from different eras.

      More broadly, I love history, jazz music, film, travel, being inspired by great museums and exhibition collections. I'm a professional writer by training and am back to the study books, seeking new ideas from the arts, performance theatre and culture when designing quilts and other projects to chip away at in between my various work and life commitments.

      Looking forward to making a good start on the history of costume, while plugging away with my other uni subjects in archaeology and history...Who knows, this class may change my destiny.

      Cheers,
      Julia
    • Yin Ho
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2012
        Hi julia

        I live in Australia too but i am not from australia..i am from malaysia.. I am studying fashion design in boxhill tafe and absolutely love costume ... well i wrote you just to share our common interest since i don't make a lot of friends here and feel a little alone. And i love jazz music too .. i used to play piano but i stop since i started making clothes... anyway..nice to know you hope you enjoy the class

        yan