Re: No-Waste Cutting, 1950s Style

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2011
      --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "francesgrimble" <fran@...> wrote:

      > I recently bought a used book titled Sewing Magic, by Mary Brooks Picken, with the copyright dates of 1950, 1951, and 1952.

      <snip>

      I just received a similar but smaller book, Dress Accessories and Gifts You Can Make, by Marie I. Moore, published in 1952. This contains "patternless fashions" for women's scarves, bows, dickies, jackets, capes, skirts, and other items. Available used and worth a look.

      Fran
      Lavolta Press
      Books on making historic clothing
      www.lavoltapress.com