Sign Up Info for Costume History Class

  • TheCostumer Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2000
      At long last it is actually possible to sign up for university credit
      for my online History of Fashion and Dress class offered for Spring
      Semester.

      For those of you who don't already know about this class, full details
      are available at
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/fashiondress/thr355main.htm
      Even if you are not interested in the credit class you can audit this
      class for free (really).

      If however, you have just been awaiting sign up information, here it
      is:
      The Course Number is ---- THR F355 UY9
      The Course Title is ---------History of Fashion and Dress
      The Instructor is------------Maginnis
      Credits: 3
      Lessons: 15
      Meets UAF Requirement for ---- social science
      Course Description: Social history of costume in Western
      Civilization,
      from Ancient Greece to the present time. Includes instruction in the
      methods of research used to find visual source material, and
      assignments
      that exercise the research skills. All materials are online. Unlike
      other Independent Learning courses, this course begins on January 22,
      2001 and ends on April 29, 2001. Not available on a year-long basis.
      Fairbanks students can sign up for the FX1 section, crn:, to be part
      of
      their spring semester load.
      Prerequisites: HIST F101 or F102 or permission of instructor. (Don't
      panic about this, this old requirement is changing in next years
      catalog, so this just means I have to sign off on students for this
      year---Tara Maginnis)
      Delivery Methods: WWW
      Special Requirements: Internet, Computer, E-Mail,
      Tuition: $261
      Service Fee: $20.00
      Total Cost Including Materials: $281 (This low rate applies even to
      out
      of state and foreign students!)

      To Register go to
      http://www.dist-ed.uaf.edu/Education/Register/Register.html where you
      can register online with a credit card, or request hard copy
      registration materials via email.

      If you were not planning on enrolling, but still wish to participate
      in
      class discussions, remember to go here
      http://www.egroups.com/group/CostumeHistoryClass to sign up for the
      class eGroup.