Re: Why I want to study fashion History

  • wjaxonb
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hi Kethry2000!

      "I believe it mirrors "especially in the case of women" political history. I believe that clothes signal a women's place and importance in history." Yep. Totally agree. Do you know about Lolita Fashion and its subculture from Japan? It isn't what you think it is. If your interested, you can go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion
      and: http://www.lolitafashion.org/what_is_lolita.php

      Or just read my post for the first week assignment.

      Happy reading.

      Maeve

      --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "kethryn2000" <kmhutton@...> wrote:

      > I have always been fascinated by what people have worn though history. I believe it mirrors "especially in the case of women" political history. I believe that clothes signal a women's place and importance in history.

    • aduriaud
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2014
        Yup, agreed. There is so much room for study and discovery in this area.