Why I want to study fashion History

  • kethryn2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      I have always been fascinated by what people have worn though history. I believe it mirrors "especially in the case of women" political history. I believe that clothes signal a women's place and importance in history.
    • wjaxonb
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
        Hi Kethry2000!

        "I believe it mirrors "especially in the case of women" political history. I believe that clothes signal a women's place and importance in history." Yep. Totally agree. Do you know about Lolita Fashion and its subculture from Japan? It isn't what you think it is. If your interested, you can go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion
        and: http://www.lolitafashion.org/what_is_lolita.php

        Or just read my post for the first week assignment.

        Happy reading.

        Maeve

        --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "kethryn2000" <kmhutton@...> wrote:

        > I have always been fascinated by what people have worn though history. I believe it mirrors "especially in the case of women" political history. I believe that clothes signal a women's place and importance in history.

      • aduriaud
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2014
          Yup, agreed. There is so much room for study and discovery in this area.