Assignment Week 7: French Revolution and Empire Periods

  • monikagbutterfly@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2011
      Assignment Week 7: French Revolution and Empire Periods

      Step 2: The Regency Neckcloth

      For this assignment, I cut a piece of 70" x 10" white muslin cloth. Then I tried my draping hand on my speaker. I did not understand how to create the Gordian Knot or Barrel Knot. Thus, I focused on the ties without bow. I was not able to recreate the color scheme for all ties as my cloth was of the "purest blanc d'innocence virginale." Please refer to the Files section for the results.

      Maharatta Tie:
      I used the fine muslin cloth as recommended in the instructions. It was quite easy to drape the cloth accordingly.

      Mail Coach Tie:
      The cloth was not long enough to tie it around my speaker two times. I liked spreading the fabric to hide the single knot.

      Hunting Tie:
      For this tie, I just went by the illustration as the instructions did not serve me.

      Ballroom Tie:
      For this tie, I proceeded the same way. As my cloth was not starched, it was almost impossible to recreate the horizontal dents.

      Monika