Re: Week 6: 18th Century Europe till the French Revolution

  • monikagbutterfly@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
      Tara,

      When I went to see the exhibits at the end of that long day, I saw somebody taking slow and careful video of the very first exhibit. That person looked like you but I wasn't sure. I was trying to work my brandnew digital camera and was dismayed by the poor lighting without flash, so I didn't approach and check it out. I had ordered the catalog up front for close study of the costumes and their history.

      I went back to the giftstore and with all the wonderful fashion books, finally settled for "Edith Head's Hollywood" about the famous film costume designer. The costumer designer I talked to over lunch about my aspirations, said I got to know about her. I just finished reading it. Put lots of dog ears in there, I learned a lot about fitting the stars and keeping with script/character requirements. FIDM Museum downtown LA opens their 19th Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume Design exhibition tonight. It runs through April 30 and I definitely want to go see it.

      Monika