Week # 2 assignment: Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome / monikagbutterfly

  • CostumeHistoryClass-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2010
      From: monikagbutterfly@... [mailto:monikagbutterfly@...]
      Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:00 AM
      To: CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Week # 2 assignment: Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome

      I did some online research on jewelry of Ancient Egypt.

      Links for ancient examples of the jewelry:

      Jewellery of Ancient Egypt
      http://www.allaboutgemstones.com/jewelry_history_egyptian.html
      Has a timeline and elaborates on jewelry motifs, symbolism, and the various materials used for jewelry-making, along with some fine illustrations, e.g., Tutanhkamun pendant and 19th Dynasty inlaid diadem/wig.

      Ancient Egypt: Personal Ornaments
      http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/crowns/jewellery.htm
      Extensive study of personal adornment including jewelry, bracelets, earrings, earstuds, finger rings, collars, pectorals, body painting, with illustrations and interspersed with historic quotations.

      Links for modern reproductions for costumers:

      Nilestone Pharaohs Fashion
      http://www.nilestone.com/egyptian-jewelry.htm
      Beautiful jewelry for sale including scarab jewelry and personalized cartouches (your name transcribed in hieroglyphs). Also elaborates on materials, color symbolism.

      How to Make Egyptian Queen Crowns
      http://www.ehow.com/how_6372805_make-egyptian-queen-crowns.html
      How to Make Egyptian Jewelry
      http://www.ehow.com/how_2286304_make-egyptian-jewelry.html
      I would like to include these how-to links for the costumer with a low budget.

      I created my very first webpage at:
      http://monikag.costumes.angelfire.com/ and will try to put those links up there, too.

      Monika
    • little_vicious83
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2011
        Thanks for the links. The pictures on the first one were especially gorgeous. When I went to visit your web page it loaded, but it also threw up a bunch of error messages. Maybe that's just my computer though.

      • monikagbutterfly@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2011
          Hi little_vicious83,

          Sorry you had problems loading my webpage.

          I checked it out yesterday and did not get any error messages. The advertising at the top comes with a free webpage.

          Monika