Re: clothing worn by a social group, clique, or individual that you find interesting

  • little_vicious83
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
      This doesn't sound like much fun to me, but for people who feel overwhelmed by too many choices this might work well.
    • Chelsea Hays
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
        There is a certain image you get in your head when you hear the words country singer right? Well the do dress a certain way I mean I get it I'm a southern girl I own the cowboy boots the cute southern style summer dresses, but I'm not dedicated to them the way some country stars are just watch the CMT awards and see what I'm talking about. At these award shows they do dress their best the women are dressed in beautiful gowns some with beautiful sequins they really don't go to out there wild like most the popstars do they keep their styles classy. The men for the occasions dress in what we southern people call Sunday best , but they throw in their fancy cowboy hats and boots.
        The cowboy hats and boots are also away to identify themselves with country aspect of life or the country singer persona. The simple country style is another way they don't wear to out there clothing a simple summer dress or boots a button down shirt and you got a country group. I think with any group the more expansive and glamorous your clothing look the more higher status you get from others in that group. So they may identify with the group but if you clothing is always designer labels the higher people think of your status.
        They do individual taste like taylor swift she said " a summer dress and cowboy boots is what she would wear all the time." she does have a look all her own glittery dresses and her own design of cowboy boots and her assortment bracelets she always wears. The idea if always being dressy is away that they attract people to them. Just watch the CMT and you will see what I'm talking about.