Re: Two new books of 1880s clothing patterns

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18 11:21 AM
      --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "harritah" <Rita@...> wrote:

      > Just double checking that I understand this post -
      >
      > Miss Fran has created new books for release, yes?
      > If yes, does this mean it is like the Edwardian Modiste where there are
      > pattern layouts which can be modified and upsized per the measurement
      > rulers?

      <snip>

      Yes. I've reconstructed four apportioning scale/measurement systems so far. I used a German one for Fashions of the Gilded Age (1877-1882), American ones for The Voice of Fashion (1900-1906), The Edwardian Modiste (1905-1902). Then another American system for the new books, Bustle Era Fashions and Directoire Revival Fashions.

      Fran
      Lavolta Press
      www.lavoltapress.com