Two new books of 1880s clothing patterns

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
      This morning we received (from our offset printer) and approved printed, final copies of our two newest books. I just updated and re-uploaded all the web pages on our site. Please let me know if you find any broken links. The books are:

      Bustle Fashions 1885–1887: 41 Patterns with Fashion Plates and Suggestions for Adaptation

      Directoire Revival Fashions 1888–1889: 57 Patterns with Fashion Plates and Suggestions for Adaptation.

      Further information is on www.lavoltapress.com

      Thanks,

      Fran
    • harritah
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
        Just double checking that I understand this post -

        Miss Fran has created new books for release, yes?
        If yes, does this mean it is like the Edwardian Modiste where there are
        pattern layouts which can be modified and upsized per the measurement
        rulers?

        I have long looked for something as cool as Edwardian Modiste for the
        previous eras and have resorted to other vendors, so if this now
        available, I will be ordering!!!

        If you'd like to see what I created from the Edwardian pattern I chose,
        email me off list and I will send you images.

        All the very best from the Pacific NW!
        Rita

        --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "francesgrimble" <fran@...>
        wrote:

        > This morning we received (from our offset printer) and approved
        printed, final copies of our two newest books. I just updated and
        re-uploaded all the web pages on our site. Please let me know if you
        find any broken links. The books are:

        > Bustle Fashions 1885–1887: 41 Patterns with Fashion Plates and
        Suggestions for Adaptation

        > Directoire Revival Fashions 1888–1889: 57 Patterns with Fashion
        Plates and Suggestions for Adaptation.

        > Further information is on www.lavoltapress.com
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Fran

      • francesgrimble
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2010
          --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "harritah" <Rita@...> wrote:

          > Just double checking that I understand this post -
          >
          > Miss Fran has created new books for release, yes?
          > If yes, does this mean it is like the Edwardian Modiste where there are
          > pattern layouts which can be modified and upsized per the measurement
          > rulers?

          <snip>

          Yes. I've reconstructed four apportioning scale/measurement systems so far. I used a German one for Fashions of the Gilded Age (1877-1882), American ones for The Voice of Fashion (1900-1906), The Edwardian Modiste (1905-1902). Then another American system for the new books, Bustle Era Fashions and Directoire Revival Fashions.

          Fran
          Lavolta Press
          www.lavoltapress.com