clothing worn by a social group, clique, or individual that you find interesting

  • millie5pac
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2010
      A few years ago, I attended an image course called, The Vibrant Woman. The course is now called, Dressing Your Truth. The founder of this course has the goal of helping women become their own beauty consultant, rather than relying on fashion experts to tell them what to wear and what is fashionable that year. There is a lot of room for variation and individual expression within the rules based on your individual preference, age, and exact profiling type. Everyone falls into one of four dominate types, followed by a secondary type. Visibly one who knows the system can tell what "type" you are by looking at the natural shapes of your features such as eyes, face shape, nose, lips, eye brows, the way you stand, sit, or move around. The way these people dress is according to design lines, color, chroma, shades and hues, texture, and fabrication.
      There are different rules for each type. Type one allows for a lot of movement and is considered fun, upward, and light. Type two is blended, soft and subtle, calm, yet elegant. Type three is rich and dynamic. Type four is bold and striking. Jewelry follows the same rules and some types wear gold colors and some types wear silver.
      Status within the group is shown by how well you understand the system. If you show up wearing something that is wrong for your type, others who know the system will know and perhaps comment on it (in the appropriate setting). Religious or social occasions are celebrated within the rules for your type and according to your beliefs. How much or how little you cover your body is personal preference. Attracting a person of your gender preference will also fall within the rules for your type and depend on items you choose to display.
      Overall this group helps women, men, and children to dress in a way that enhances their natural beauty. For more information about Dressing Your Truth go to my affiliate link http://camilleofearth.dressingyourtruth.com/ or just go to http://www.dressingyourtruth.com .
    • freefalltc
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8 7:33 PM
        I wonder if this is a North American phenomenon. We have such a variety of social influences with all the different subcultures that exist in the United States. I would be curious to see what style-education there might be in other continents.

        Thanks for the info.

        --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "millie5pac" <camillepack@...> wrote:

        > A few years ago, I attended an image course called, The Vibrant Woman. The course is now called, Dressing Your Truth. The founder of this course has the goal of helping women become their own beauty consultant, rather than relying on fashion experts to tell them what to wear and what is fashionable that year. There is a lot of room for variation and individual expression within the rules based on your individual preference, age, and exact profiling type. Everyone falls into one of four dominate types, followed by a secondary type. Visibly one who knows the system can tell what "type" you are by looking at the natural shapes of your features such as eyes, face shape, nose, lips, eye brows, the way you stand, sit, or move around. The way these people dress is according to design lines, color, chroma, shades and hues, texture, and fabrication.
        > There are different rules for each type. Type one allows for a lot of movement and is considered fun, upward, and light. Type two is blended, soft and subtle, calm, yet elegant. Type three is rich and dynamic. Type four is bold and striking. Jewelry follows the same rules and some types wear gold colors and some types wear silver.
        > Status within the group is shown by how well you understand the system. If you show up wearing something that is wrong for your type, others who know the system will know and perhaps comment on it (in the appropriate setting). Religious or social occasions are celebrated within the rules for your type and according to your beliefs. How much or how little you cover your body is personal preference. Attracting a person of your gender preference will also fall within the rules for your type and depend on items you choose to display.
        > Overall this group helps women, men, and children to dress in a way that enhances their natural beauty. For more information about Dressing Your Truth go to my affiliate link http://camilleofearth.dressingyourtruth.com/ or just go to http://www.dressingyourtruth.com .

      • little_vicious83
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
          This doesn't sound like much fun to me, but for people who feel overwhelmed by too many choices this might work well.
        • Chelsea Hays
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
            There is a certain image you get in your head when you hear the words country singer right? Well the do dress a certain way I mean I get it I'm a southern girl I own the cowboy boots the cute southern style summer dresses, but I'm not dedicated to them the way some country stars are just watch the CMT awards and see what I'm talking about. At these award shows they do dress their best the women are dressed in beautiful gowns some with beautiful sequins they really don't go to out there wild like most the popstars do they keep their styles classy. The men for the occasions dress in what we southern people call Sunday best , but they throw in their fancy cowboy hats and boots.
            The cowboy hats and boots are also away to identify themselves with country aspect of life or the country singer persona. The simple country style is another way they don't wear to out there clothing a simple summer dress or boots a button down shirt and you got a country group. I think with any group the more expansive and glamorous your clothing look the more higher status you get from others in that group. So they may identify with the group but if you clothing is always designer labels the higher people think of your status.
            They do individual taste like taylor swift she said " a summer dress and cowboy boots is what she would wear all the time." she does have a look all her own glittery dresses and her own design of cowboy boots and her assortment bracelets she always wears. The idea if always being dressy is away that they attract people to them. Just watch the CMT and you will see what I'm talking about.