RE: [CostumeHistoryClass] I am interested in the History of Fashion because.....

  • Bobbie Kalben
    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2010
      Since you live in Southern California, you should know about Costume College
      and Costumer's Guild West. Their websites are http://www.cgwcostumers.org/
      and http://www.costumecollege.org/

      Bobbie Kalben
      bkalben@...

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8 6:57 AM
        I love vintage clothing and love seeing how social and political changes affected clothing and the attitudes towards dressing and the situations which people needed to get dressed up for.

        I have been looking at fashion decades since 1920 onwards for my blog and would like to go further in depth.

        Angel
        www.modernvintagegirl.com
      • Sandra DebutanteClothing
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 8 7:15 AM
          Hi Angel!
          Welcome to the class.
          I just checked out your blog. Love it! I'm a vintage blogger and dealer too. I've been blogging and writing about vintage for about 5 years. It's definitely a passion of mine. Looking forward to reading some of your articles.

          Sandra
          DebutanteClothing.com
          VintageFindIt.com/beta
          Today's Vintage Magazine

          --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "themodernvintagegirl" <angel@...> wrote:

          > I love vintage clothing and love seeing how social and political changes affected clothing and the attitudes towards dressing and the situations which people needed to get dressed up for.
          >
          > I have been looking at fashion decades since 1920 onwards for my blog and would like to go further in depth.
          >
          > Angel
          > www.modernvintagegirl.com

        • sharifa73
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2010
            I am very interested in history in general, and would like to learn about the clothing that people wore in various times, and how they were constructed. I also like to draw and want to learn sewing and hope to learn to make accurate historical illustrations and costumes.
          • little_vicious83
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 21, 2010
              I am interested in the History of Fashion because I am an amateur costumer always looking to learn more so that I can make costumes that are period and class appropriate.