My Interest in Fashion History

  • lorraine_barclay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2010
      I am the daughter of a seamstress who hated her job. My mother later told me she only chose it as a career because she couldn't wait for the hair styling classes to begin 6 months later due to financial constraints. I grew up in the dressmaking/bridal shoppe amid the fabrics, pins, machines of authoritarian Madame K Francis who ran the business. I have always been a history buff and it's time to merge my 2 interests.