Re: Why im interested in the history of fashion

  • read_good
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
      --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "farquee" <farquee@...> wrote:

      > It's because the realtionship between the two are so close. Based on what people want and the things happening in 'history'and around the world it truely effects what we wear and why we wear it. For exmple a few years ago when the world became more enviromentally aware to save the earth fashion became green as we all begain re-wearing the 70s'- boho, and so as history runs in circles fashion isnt far behind re-using and replinshing our clothes, making vintage fun and good looking and more offcient then ever during this economical downfall. Fashion will forever reflect history.

      You're right, fashion did change when the world turned on to the green movement. I wish that more people were into wearing vintage clothes, it's the best way to use resources that are just sitting there waiting for us. I find it kind of irritating that all these designers started to "go green" by getting into organic textiles when really continuing to produce is basically perpetuating the cycle we're trying to break! At least the farming methods are less toxic, but things still have to be shipped and manufactured and stored. I myself love to wear vintage clothing and I can't believe how much of it is left over!! It's amazing and I hope more people check it out.