I am interested in the History of Fashion because.....

  • yoevelyn
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2009
      I am a fashion design student. My interest in fashion began when I was
      a little girl, watching movies set on historical periods, I grew
      fascinated with the clothing. Later on, as I grew older I started to
      realize how closely related the life of man was to his clothing. How,
      with time the shape of women's fashion changed to reflec their social
      standing and political position. Now I have the oportunity to study it
      on a fuller range. I do intent to apply this knowledge as part of my
      career practices. Thank you.
    • original_invariance
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19 11:12 AM
        ....without an clear understand of where we as a people have been, we will never know where we are going.
      • allyecatart
        Message 3 of 10 , May 10, 2010
          of the story it tells and how history is chronicled through fashion. I'm interested not only in the highly artistic and creative process of fashion throughout the centuries but also how the political and economical climate during each period injected itself into the world of fashion. I also feel fashion is a form of self expression, a statment or the intentional lack there of.
          Hello, my name is Allye, I live in So. Calif. and I am excited to learn from everyone participating in this class.
        • Bobbie Kalben
          Message 4 of 10 , May 11, 2010
            Since you live in Southern California, you should know about Costume College
            and Costumer's Guild West. Their websites are http://www.cgwcostumers.org/
            and http://www.costumecollege.org/

            Bobbie Kalben
            bkalben@...

            of the story it tells and how history is chronicled through fashion. I'm
            interested not only in the highly artistic and creative process of fashion
            throughout the centuries but also how the political and economical climate
            during each period injected itself into the world of fashion. I also feel
            fashion is a form of self expression, a statment or the intentional lack
            there of.
            Hello, my name is Allye, I live in So. Calif. and I am excited to learn from
            everyone participating in this class.
          • themodernvintagegirl
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
              I love vintage clothing and love seeing how social and political changes affected clothing and the attitudes towards dressing and the situations which people needed to get dressed up for.

              I have been looking at fashion decades since 1920 onwards for my blog and would like to go further in depth.

              Angel
              www.modernvintagegirl.com
            • Sandra DebutanteClothing
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
                Hi Angel!
                Welcome to the class.
                I just checked out your blog. Love it! I'm a vintage blogger and dealer too. I've been blogging and writing about vintage for about 5 years. It's definitely a passion of mine. Looking forward to reading some of your articles.

                Sandra
                DebutanteClothing.com
                VintageFindIt.com/beta
                Today's Vintage Magazine

                --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "themodernvintagegirl" <angel@...> wrote:

                > I love vintage clothing and love seeing how social and political changes affected clothing and the attitudes towards dressing and the situations which people needed to get dressed up for.
                >
                > I have been looking at fashion decades since 1920 onwards for my blog and would like to go further in depth.
                >
                > Angel
                > www.modernvintagegirl.com

              • sharifa73
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 15, 2010
                  I am very interested in history in general, and would like to learn about the clothing that people wore in various times, and how they were constructed. I also like to draw and want to learn sewing and hope to learn to make accurate historical illustrations and costumes.
                • little_vicious83
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 21, 2010
                    I am interested in the History of Fashion because I am an amateur costumer always looking to learn more so that I can make costumes that are period and class appropriate.