Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] week 3

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 17, 2008
      Neat ideas, I honestly never put the kameez=chemise thing together, probably because i'd confused the names salwar and kameez with top and bottom, that is I figured the salwar was the top.  ooops, terrible mistake for somebody who owns bunches of them.  Oh, a cool wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwar_kameez

      ---Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer Diablo Valley College
      Personal Website- The Costumer's Manifesto at http://costumes.org
      Buy my DVD-Rom Teaching series on Theatrical Makeup at http://www.theatricaldesign.com/makeup/

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 15, 2008
        Good Job Fay! Very interesting information. I found it hard to gather
        information about this topic, but it was very interesting reading what
        you had found out! Thanks!
        Paula.
      • smendozadaly
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 17, 2008
          This is an interesting topic and a timely one. I was just approached
          by a fellow blogger about possibly guest blogging for me. She owns an
          online ecommerce site where she sells fashionable modest clothing. I
          think she found me through an article I wrote for Eliza magazine, a
          magazine dedicated to high style, modest fashion.

          I think Tara is right - the great medium for finding style
          inspiration, globally is the internet. Women around the world are
          taking cues from each other. It's wonderful! The internet is what
          makes it all relevant.

          --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "Paula Daabach"