My Interest in the History of Fashion

  • adamienne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12 5:33 PM
      I am interested in the History of Fashion for the same reasons that I
      am interested in the present of fashion: how we look is a vehicle for
      political ideas, statements of wealth, a plethora of things all the
      way down to our mood for the day. One can argue about whether the
      clothes make the man or the other way around, but the connection is
      undeniable. The completely pragmatic use of clothing is to cover our
      bodies, to protect them from scratches and cold, but since the very
      first seam was used in construction, clothing has been about much more
      than that. I would like to investigate the myriad uses and attitudes
      of dress by learning about it's past.
    • adamienne