Why I'm here...

  • kellyford22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm interested in the History of Fashion because I would like to work
      in theater as a Costume Designer and Makeup Artist. I have been doing
      Makeup Artistry as much as I can and love it but I am also drawn to
      fashion. I live in a small Northern Canadian town where there are no
      art schools and nothing of interest to me at our local college. This
      is one link to the outside world - where I am is so isolated! I need
      to learn as much as I can about fashion, theater, makeup etc... to
      stay sane and to be true to my heart.
    • Yin Ho
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
        Hi Kelly,

        I am so amazed when i read your email. I feel and love the same thing like you do. The difference is i always been doing fashion and pattern making.. but realise that i got big interest in make up artistry. I wish to work in a theatre to make costume and putting on make up at the same time for different characters. :) The costume really tells alot coz i think costume is life itself and the body is the machine of the costume which drives it moves. What i mean is the costume is a character itself, but without a human body to wear it, it itself is not able to express itself. It is the combination of human and costume = expression of character. Thats what i love. Its the same like make up, eyes combine with lines and colors , express the feeling of the character. Thats what i love. Hope that we can keep in touch and share more about this.

        nice to meet you
        take care
        yan