Why I am joining this course.

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
      I came across this do-it-yourself course while searching web for info
      on Roman clothing and fashion. I am a 4th grade Language Arts and
      Social Studies teacher at private school on the outskirts of São
      Paulo, Brazil. We follow an American Curriculum so as you can see when
      I came across the infor about this course I thought "Why Not?" as it
      will definitely be very useful nbot only for school bur for other
      activities like Halloween or Carnaval.
      I have always been a handscrafts person so i am looking forward to
      doing this course.
    • eleanordew
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
        Hello - Can you tell us more about the costumes for Carnaval?

        --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterlenting@...>
        wrote:

        > I came across this do-it-yourself course while searching web for info
        > on Roman clothing and fashion. I am a 4th grade Language Arts and
        > Social Studies teacher at private school on the outskirts of São
        > Paulo, Brazil. We follow an American Curriculum so as you can see
        when
        > I came across the infor about this course I thought "Why Not?" as it
        > will definitely be very useful nbot only for school bur for other
        > activities like Halloween or Carnaval.
        > I have always been a handscrafts person so i am looking forward to
        > doing this course.

      • smendozadaly
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2008
          Peter,
          I am also a Language Arts teacher in the US. I am also a writer and
          vintage fashion collector.

          I think teachers are naturally curious and excited about learning.

          Sandra

          wrote:

          > I came across this do-it-yourself course while searching web for info
          > on Roman clothing and fashion. I am a 4th grade Language Arts and
          > Social Studies teacher at private school on the outskirts of S�o
          > Paulo, Brazil. We follow an American Curriculum so as you can see when
          > I came across the infor about this course I thought "Why Not?" as it
          > will definitely be very useful nbot only for school bur for other
          > activities like Halloween or Carnaval.
          > I have always been a handscrafts person so i am looking forward to
          > doing this course.

        • peter lenting
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008
            Hi there Sandra
            Nice to meet you. Yes I do agree. Apart from being a very handson person I can´t sit still for long and need to be out there doing things and I find that doing so with the kids is even more fun.
            Good luck with the course.

            Peter