Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] how does this course work

  • misswisc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
      Hey Jill and Debbie!

      I'm not really "leading" the class, as I'm not on staff at University of
      Alaska at Fairbanks, which is where the official course is from. I am an IATSE
      stagehand in Wisconsin and work a lot in wardrobe doing costuming, construction
      and maintenance for shows. I took the class about 4 years ago and everything
      you need to do it IS already online. Since there are two of you, why not
      work together to do it? Read the instructions and post the results to the list.
      I'd be glad to provide you feedback and food for thought.

      Kristi

    • Tracy Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
        Hi Ladies,
        I was looking at doing this course back in the summer time but there
        wasn't much activity going on. I would love to work through the course
        work with you guys as well. I work at Trinity Western University as
        their Costume Shop Supervisor for the Theatre department. I'm new to
        this position and have very little formal theatre/costuming education
        but did have the privledge of assisting an award winning costume
        designer last year that the university. Between working with her and
        taking a course that the chair of the department taught, I'm hooked.
        Unfortunately we don't have a costume history course at our university (
        but I'm hoping to eventually see some more tech course developed). I'm
        very excited to be able to work through the course work, although I
        maybe a bit sparatic in my 'attendance' as I have a very full semester
        starting in January where I'm either designing or working on costumes
        for four shows that run between January and May.

        Tracy