how does this course work

  • d.salvatucci
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2007
      Hi my name is Debbie. I love history and love sewing and am looking
      forward to this cours but am not sure how it works. Can you work
      through the modules at your own speed??? Would like some imput as I am
      quite new to online learning.

      Thanks

      Debbie
    • Jill Hazell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
        Hi Debbie

        I am as new to this course as you. I had an email from kristi saying that she was going to be leading the course as the normal tutor is not around at the minute. Looking through the message board for previous years, it seems that the semester starts in January and that everyone doing it discusses the various assignments with each other. I am going to wait until I see others are beginning to write their assignments
        then I will know it has really started.

        I'm looking forward to doing it too.

        Cheers, Jill

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
          Hey Jill and Debbie!

          I'm not really "leading" the class, as I'm not on staff at University of
          Alaska at Fairbanks, which is where the official course is from. I am an IATSE
          stagehand in Wisconsin and work a lot in wardrobe doing costuming, construction
          and maintenance for shows. I took the class about 4 years ago and everything
          you need to do it IS already online. Since there are two of you, why not
          work together to do it? Read the instructions and post the results to the list.
          I'd be glad to provide you feedback and food for thought.

          Kristi

        • Tracy Wright
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
            Hi Ladies,
            I was looking at doing this course back in the summer time but there
            wasn't much activity going on. I would love to work through the course
            work with you guys as well. I work at Trinity Western University as
            their Costume Shop Supervisor for the Theatre department. I'm new to
            this position and have very little formal theatre/costuming education
            but did have the privledge of assisting an award winning costume
            designer last year that the university. Between working with her and
            taking a course that the chair of the department taught, I'm hooked.
            Unfortunately we don't have a costume history course at our university (
            but I'm hoping to eventually see some more tech course developed). I'm
            very excited to be able to work through the course work, although I
            maybe a bit sparatic in my 'attendance' as I have a very full semester
            starting in January where I'm either designing or working on costumes
            for four shows that run between January and May.

            Tracy