Tudor costume and effigies database update

  • Jane Malcolm-Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2007
      I am pleased to announce the addition of new effigies to the Costume
      Research Image Library (CRIL) at a new, user-friendly web address:
      www.tudoreffigies.co.uk. Please visit, take a good look at the 36 new
      effigies (all of which are in Sussex churches) and do send me feedback. I
      would like to know: why are the effigies interesting to you, how you will
      use the information they provide, and how can the database be improved? If
      you are in touch with other people who would like to know about the Tudor
      effigies available online, please pass on this message. If you manage a
      links page for a relevant website, please add www.tudoreffigies.co.uk to it.
      Thanks for your interest ­ and, to previous database users, thanks very much
      for your patience while the address change and upgrade have been happening!
      A third phase of research in Essex is underway (thanks to the Pasold
      Research Fund). Your comments help the project progress and provide sound
      evidence for future grant applications. The research centre at Winchester
      School of Art is coming to an end after five successful years. This means
      that the database needs new funding or rehoming! Regards,
      Jane M-D (Dr Jane Malcolm-Davies)
      jane@...