Fabrics of the Renaissance

  • Cilean Stirling
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2007
      Hello

      Does anyone know of any really good books with information regarding
      fabrics used in the Renaissance? I know that is a huge scope, but I am
      doing a lot of research and any help will do.

      Like the colors of paintings in Italy, people thinking that donar
      paintings meant that everyone wore black, when in actuality black was a
      modest color or perhaps the term humble would be applicable. Or the
      use of Pearls in period.

      I have the 56Th book of Tudor Tailor, but I need more, if anyone has
      any suggestions I would be very very grateful!

      Cilean
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2007
        Class Act Fabrics has some books on textiles you may be interested in. She
        gives an extensive description of each of the books on the web site so you
        should be able to determine whether it would be helpful to you or not.
        www.classactfabrics.com

        Pat