Costume History Textbooks

  • ambellet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
      Well, I'm a little new to this discussion group~ I'm just starting out
      as the new professor of costume and scenic design at the univeristy of
      tulsa, and this fall i'll be teaching a costume history class. They
      haven't taught it in a few years, so I'm looking for a good textbook:
      does anyone have a suggestion? I have my own favorite references, but
      if there's one that has worked especially well for you in the
      classroom, I'd love a head's up! I'd appreciate any suggestions you
      guys have~ thanks!
    • misswisc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        This may sound silly, but Tara's "Costumer's Manifesto" is an excellent
        resource. If I were to teach a class like you are, I'd simply use her web site.
        Ask the kids to donate $20 each and send Tara a check for that amount to help
        her defray expenses. She's done an amazing job of putting together links as
        well as commentary and I bet your students will like not having an additional
        20 pound book to lug around.

        Kristi