incomplete finished

  • Sarah Vaillancourt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2005
      Tara,
      I am sorry it took me so long to finish my incomplete, I recently had
      a friend of the family die and have had a very hard time this year due
      to this death. I believe I have posted all my lessons now, or they
      are on my web page for this class. I think my incomplete expires
      either today or tomorrow. I hope it is not to late as I have been
      working like a mad woman to get all my classes in order. I've
      attacherd below my previous posts from last year. If I have forgotten
      anything please let me know.
      ~Sarah Vaillancourt

      p.s- sorry to everyone who will be getting mass emails from me :( but
      if you're bored feel free to comment on any of my lessons, I always
      welcome feed back.

      My name is Sarah Vaillancourt and i am interested in the history
      of costume because i find it extremely intriguing how costume
      has progressed through the ages. I'm a theatre major at UAF
      with an emphasis in directing and having the knowledge of
      costuming is extremely important to me.

      Within the last five years the punk revolution has come
      out in Massachusetts "hardcore", especially with teenagers,
      misfits, and freaks everywhere. My younger brother is 16 yrs. old
      and a junior in high school. Although he does not own any punk
      cds he chooses to dress in the apparel. The punk clothing is
      easily identifiable. There are the hard core punk rockers who
      wear the plaid pants, or dickie pants with bondage straps and
      as much black as possible. They are often seen wearing
      studded wrist bands, chokers, and belts common footwear are
      black boots between calf and knee size. Many choose to
      express themselves by dying their hair "unnatural" hair
      colors. Females have the same basic clothing choices except
      they may also wear thick striped tights or socks with alternating
      colors.
      Then there are the more subtle punk rockers. This is the
      category my brother fits into, this group usually wears either
      jeans or dickies slacks with t-shirts. Some of these t-shits have
      old school cartoons on them such as: Teenage Mutant Ninja
      Turtles, Thunder cats, Ghost busters etc. (female wear the old
      school girlie cartoons like care bears, strawberry shortcake, my
      little pony etc.)....others t-shirts have catchy sayings on them that
      try to make a statement such as "I see dumb people" common
      footwear for the more casual punk consists of sneakers
      (sketchers, skateboarder style). Usually the common accessory
      is the wallet with a long chain connecting to the belt loop.
      People that dress in the punk style are easy to pick out in the
      crowd. Many teenagers who dress in the punk style do so
      because they feel everyone in their high school is the same
      "conformists" and dressing in the punk style keeps them apart
      from "those types" of people.

      these are some fun ancient jewelry sites i found:

      http://romegiftshop.com/ancientrome/.html

      http:// www.ancienttouch.com/roman%20gold%20jewelry.htm

      http://www.addgr.com/jewel/elka

      http://www.athensguide.com/byzart/jewelry/

      http://www.kingtut-treasures.com/link.html

      http://www.nilejewelry.com

      My links for ancient greek jewelry are posted with pictures on my website:
      www.geocities.com/stheshrew/mypage.html
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2005
        I should still be able to turn in change of grade
        forms now, so the exact date should not be a problem.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/xX1wlB/TM

        ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer & Associate Professor
      • Sarah Vaillancourt
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2005