Re: Assignment 1 - Fairbanks vs. Atlanta

  • jayne
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
      I have been working for a school as costume designer for about 7
      years. Up until 2005 I was a contract worker, i came in as required,
      mainly out of school hours, so I was able to wear fairly casual
      clothes- jeans, short skirts, dance wear.
      This year however I have been employed as a staff member and
      although nothing has been said I have had to lift my 'game' a little
      in the clothing department.
      I can still get away with a certain level of creativity as costume
      co-ordinator, but I have to be more careful. I am now more aware of
      what is respectable and acceptable as a staff member. Particularly
      in light of the number of teachers ending up in court after having
      relationships with students. You have to be so careful, especially
      in a more casual freindly position to a teacher.
      Jayne

      For instance, I have a job at the UAF Business Office and I