Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] week one assigment

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2005
      How I wish there had been a weird dressing clique at
      my school in the mid 1970s! Even with about 1000
      students in my HS we didn't have that, I alas was a
      sole strange dresser. It was really alienating. I
      still don't understand why so few people do this
      (though obviously if everyone did it every day it
      wouldn't be weird) whenever they feel the occasional
      need to wear a feather boa to work, or a gold
      embroidered kaftan to Fred Meyer. I tried once for
      three months or so to get fridays to be "wear a tiara
      to work day" in Fairbanks, but inexplicably it never
      caught on. I like dressing in plain black boring
      clothes many days, but on others it just seems like a
      cat ear hoodie and cat shoes are the right thing to
      share with the world. Weird clothing seems like a gift
      one can share with the public so long as you don't
      mind looking silly now and again.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/xX1wlB/TM

      =====
      --