Why I am interested in the History of Fashion and this class

  • costumeraz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2005
      Hello,

      In the spring of 2001 I was enrolled in the class that Tara offered
      on-line. It was one of the best things I ever did for my self and my
      education in the area of fashion, dress and costuming. It was a great
      exploration of so many aspects of costume beyond the names of the time
      periods and the terminology for the costume of each period.

      My interest in costume history stems still from my background in
      Fashion Design and the terrific experience of studying with Prof.
      Douglas Russell from Stanford University. He taught me to look at all
      of history from a much different, broader, more open perspective.
      That has stayed with me all of these years.

      As my career has moved in new directions, my awareness of costume
      history has supported and fit many of my new job-related activities.
      I've begun (barely, but must start somewhere) making/creating period
      or close-to-it costumes, some for work, some for me.

      I will be auditing these discussions and participating in the
      activities as much as time permits. Glad to see the class back
      on-line, Tara. Thanks.

      Laurie Taylor
      Phoenix