Open Enrollment for online Costume History class now

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      Open Enrollment for online Costume History class now.

      News: UAF now has open enrollment for my Spring 2005 THR 355 History
      of Fashion and Dress class, which will run from January 20th to May
      11th. For More info on the class go to
      http://www.costumes.org/classes/fashiondress/thr355main.htm
      tou learn about how to sign up for the class for UAF credit see
      http://www.costumes.org/classes/fashiondress/how_do_i_enroll.htm

      What is The History of Fashion and Dress?

      This course is an upper division, undergraduate, University of Alaska
      Fairbanks, Theatre Department class in the history of costume.
      Designed to provide theatrical costumers with a basic understanding of
      major periods in Western clothing history, and a working ability to
      research clothing of any culture or era, it is also geared to appeal
      to the broader social and historical interests of students involved in
      history, women's studies, sociology and psychology.

      This course is publicly accessible by non students wishing to use the
      text, discussion boards, or images for personal study. Anyone may
      view the class lectures, take part in class discussions, and do
      assignments for their own personal entertainment or education.

      However, in order to receive UAF credit, and regular feedback on your
      work from the instructor, Tara Maginnis, you must pay UAF tuition, and
      sign up for the class when it is next offered. (January 2005).
    • Laurie Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2005
        Dear Tara,

        I enrolled in the online Costume History class in the spring of 2001. I
        cannot locate my records or files from that class and would like to know
        if it was actually your THR355, or THR254. Which of these two was
        offered in 2001?

        Thank you.

        Laurie Taylor

        "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might
        as well dance." (Anonymous)