Week 8 Study Garment

  • gg232go
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
      I was very excited to examine my study garment. After looking through
      some vintage stores located in the loop in a quaint section of St.
      Louis I decided I wanted to do a vintage coat so I was on a mission.
      The coats in the shops were a little pricey but my mom's friend said
      she knew exactly what I was looking for. She took me to her mother's
      and we had a ball going through her collection of what she
      considered "old clothes." Tucked away in the cedar closet was this
      gorgeous black persion lamb jacket with a mink collar. Of course the
      jacket has a story but we won't get into that now. I fell in love
      with it and knew this was the garment I wanted to study.

      According to the owner this jacket was worn in the late 60's. The
      color is a deep midnight black. It is persian lamb and has a mink
      collar which is a light sable color. The lining appears to be a silk
      black on black flower pattern which blends very nicely with the
      outside of the jacket. It is very classy and was made by a furrier
      in Chicago that still bears the name "Evans" on the inside of the
      jacket. When you get a chance to view the pictures you can see the
      initials are embroderied on the inside bottom.
      http://vamp-offashion.4t.com (go to the photo page) It is double-
      breasted and has elastic button closures. It has a wonderful vintage
      swing style and is in great condition.

      More to come!

      Jenn V.
    • Alicia
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
        Your photos look great! I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more
        about this jacket~

        -Alicia-
        http://shadowsofthepast.whisper.at
      • gg232go
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
          --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia"
          <prettylizabel@y...> wrote:
          > Your photos look great! I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more
          > about this jacket~
          >
          > -Alicia-
          > http://shadowsofthepast.whisper.at

          >I'm glad you like the photos, it took me forever to get them loaded.
          I couldn't get the file downsized so that they were small enough to
          upload to my website. But finally with some help from my friend I
          was able to do it. Iam really learning alot about how all this
          computer stuff works.

          Jenn V.
        • gg232go
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
            <prettylizabel@y...> wrote:
            > Your photos look great! I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more
            > about this jacket~
            >
            > -Alicia-
            > http://shadowsofthepast.whisper.at

            Alicia,

            I just visited your website and you have done an awesome job on it. I
            wiss I was so talented!

            Jenn V.