study garment

  • Alicia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 4:08 PM
      My study garment just got delivered today by a friend of mine, and so
      I decided to take a *few* pictures of it with my new digital camera.
      To view these photos go to: http://photos.yahoo.com/prettylizabel
      then go to "Study Garment". The best way to view them is through the
      slideshow, as I did "panning" from top to bottom of the dress.

      friend and I have come up with somewhere in the 1930's. I found a
      similar dress on ebay, also labeled as 1930's, so I don't think I'm
      too far off in my guessing. It is an off-white wedding dress which
      probobly used to be white, with a sheer outer layer and a solid cream
      underlayer. There are 22 fabric covered buttons down the back that go
      to about waist level. From looking inside the dress, I know that it
      was not a store-bought dress, as the seams are unfinished, and
      clipped at stress points, just like us modern sewers without a serger
      do when we sew clothes.

      -Alicia
      http://shadowsofthepast.whisper.at