Introduction and Intent

  • misswisc89
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2004
      Hello everyone!

      I'm Kristi R-C and I found this course through another Yahoo group
      relating to theatrical costuming.

      I'm interested in the historical aspects of fashion because I never
      know what I'll be asked to handle, repair, describe, or reproduce. I
      wear three career hats: I teach music and drama at a small Catholic
      middle school in north east Wisconsin; I'm an IATSE stagehand working
      primarily wardrobe local crew for touring shows as well as helping
      for local ballet, music and theatrical productions; and I teach skin
      care and makeup application techniques including theatrical makeup.
      This course will help with all three of those areas. In the past year
      I've worked with costumes ranging from period hats for a high school
      production of "Les Miz" and variety of ballet tutus for the
      Childnre's Ballet Theatre production of the Nutcracker to Vegas show
      girl panniers for "The Producers". In each case, those items were new
      to me. Though I feel I've done well in each situation, a structured
      overview will increase my confidence in what may come in the future.