RE: [CostumeHistoryClass] Digest Number 408

  • Nathaniel, Jacqueline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2004
      Hello Fiona,

      I'm Jacquie. I live in the USA.
      There is a website that you may like:
      http://dyk2homestead.com/index~ns4.html
      The title in "Nurses Uniforms Past and Present.

      Also

      http://dyk2.homestead.com/Page235~ns4.html has pictures of these uniforms.
      Hope this is helpful.
      Jacqueline.Nathaniel@...

      From: "proffiau" <lloydfiona@...>
      2. course details
      From: "Alicia" <prettylizabel@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:48:41 -0000
      From: "proffiau" <lloydfiona@...>
      Subject: Hello, I'm new, and a question

      Hello to everyone, I have just joined this group. I live in
      Australia. I am PASSIONATE about Historical fashion/clothes and have
      ALWAYS wanted to do "something" related to historical costuming, but
      due to lack of available course etc have been unable to fulfil this
      yearning....
      My question is, can anyone help me with information about historical
      nurses uniforms in the USA? (as in 1900 or pre 1900 eras) Were they
      similar ot the typeof outfit worn in Britiain and Australia, thatis
      darker dresses with huge leg-o -mutton sleeves, starched cuffs,
      collars and aprons and frilly little caps?...or have US nurses always
      worn white?
      Many thanks for your help, and for this group
      Fiona (in Brisbane, Australia)

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:59:42 -0000
      From: "Alicia" <prettylizabel@...>
      Subject: course details

      Hi, I was just looking through the course topics and such, and I'm
      just wondering if there are any books or movies, that might be
      helpful to me in the course. I know there isn't a required reading
      list or anything, but I'd like to get as much out of this as I can.
      So if you could just point me in the right direction that would be
      really great!

      (BTW, It's ok for me to take this even though I'm still in high
      school right?)

      -Alicia-

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/