Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] week 5a

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2003
      David wrote:

      > The poet, rather in rebuke or in admiration of clothes always
      > celebrates them. For Herrick clothes are not something you use to
      > simply to cover your body, they are an accessory for the wearer's
      > natural grace and style, they provide pleasure and at times they are
      > even an aphrodisiac.

      Which brings up this question for ALL: is there a particular type of
      clothing YOU find to be an aphrodisiac? My kinky clothing page
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/kinky.htm has links to dozens of different
      sorts of clothes sites that folks find a turn-on, ranging from men in
      dress socks to "furries" (fur animal mascot costumes), to PVC & Rubber.

      --
      ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer & Associate Professor