RE: [CostumeHistoryClass] just found a new website

  • Latimer, Shannon
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2002
      Hi, all,

      Is it possible, when replying to one of the group e-mails, if the reply is not meant for everyone in the costume history class mail group, to simply hit "reply" and NOT "reply to all" (there are TWO different buttons, you know)?  Every morning I'm deleting AT LEAST 2 or 3 e-mails from people that were not addressed to the group but to the original sender.

      Not to be rude, but I get enough e-mail it is, and I just don't really think it's necessary to get every single reply to the group e-mail unless it is useful for the group (i.e., websites that might interest someone or auction info, or one of the links doesn't work, etc.).  Just use your judgement...

      Does that make sense?  Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else.  Ah, well!
      :)
      Thank you.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2002

        thank you  meg

         Georgene Lockwood <glockwood@...> wrote:

        Thanks for explaining. I'll just ignore and delete!

        Georgene

        > From: "Tara Maginnis <Tara@...>" <Tara@...>
        > Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:54:13 -0000
        > To: CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [CostumeHistoryClass] Re: just found a new website
        >
        >> Why is it whenever I click on these, it says "web site cannot be
        > found?"
        >

        > Because these are annoying bits of (usually pay-for-porno) spam that
        > are put up by folks who join the list, post an address that bounces to
        > their porn or gambling site, then unsubscribe from the list.  The
        > bounce page then is pulled out of commission very quickly thereafter
        > by the host (as soon as they catch them doing a "bounce") so unless
        > you click on the link soon after it is posted it is usually wiped out.
        > In general if you see any message that says "just found a new
        > website" or "my new pictures" without an accompanying description, it
        > is one of these spammers.  Don't bother clicking on them.  It is the
        > price we pay for having the list be something anyone can sign up for.
        > This keeps it so anyone is interested can join and post at once, but
        > it also lets in these email "litterers". I delete these messages
        > nightly, and unsubscribe the spammers, but usually they have
        > unsubscribed already.  ---Tara
        >

        >> Georgene
        >>
        >>> From: "rhynglzwoqcd <rhynglzwoqcd@y...>" <rhynglzwoqcd@y...>
        >>> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:39:52 -0000
        >>> To: CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com
        >>> Subject: [CostumeHistoryClass] just found a new website
        >>>
        >>> http://www.geocities.com/vhanprbgkqvd/index.html

        >>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service
        >>> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Do you Yahoo!?