Re: Auditing the Costume History Class

  • eleanordew <jlc5f@virginia.edu>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2002
      I forgot to mention that you might look into the profession of
      "independent researcher." Although it's certainly harder to be
      self-employed than it is to draw a paycheck, in many cases it's much
      more rewarding emotionally.

      One example of an independent researcher is Barbara Tuchman, the
      author of "A Distant Mirror" and "The Guns of August" among her many
      historical works. You might like to read her book of essays,
      "Practicing history : selected essays." for a discussion of this
      profession.

      Also, once you get a library degree, another possibility is starting
      your own information business.

      If you want to become a professional genealogist, look into the
      National Genealogical Society's certification program - look at the
      website http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/ (unfortunately, it's having
      problems today) - and look for their certification classes.

      -- Jean

      --- In CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com, "eleanordew <jlc5f@v...>"