I am interested in the history of fashion because

  • alformeldia <playgirl4sheezy@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
      I am interested in the history of fashion because it is so
      important to merchandisng today. It is beneficial for designers and
      retailers to examine what was worn in the past and what people
      accepted as fashionable. This will help designers and retailers on
      making descisions for designing and buying. Studying the acceptance
      of a particular style might give a designer an idea on what to design
      next. Learning what people like and do not like is very important to
      both of these fields. It is also important to understand why certain
      apparel was chosen at a certain time and to examine the styles chosen
      then compared to now.
    • showcostumes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
        I have been working as a costumer for ballet for many years now, and
        have never taken a costuming or costume history class before. I am
        very interested in the different time periods of fashion and the
        reasons why the fashions changed as they did.

        I have never been able to distinguish between Victorian and Edwardian
        or other time periods, and I am hoping that this class can give me an
        overview of that sort of thing.

        I am also the costuming editor on an online site. I have many how to
        articles, but I want to start writing about costumes for different
        time periods. This course is just what I need.
      • m0rifea
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
          I want to design clothes with historical feel and elements. I am very
          drawn to clothing from the Victorian era on up. I want to have a
          solid background and base for my designs and feel that this course is
          a great way to begin.