Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] Digest Number 265

  • Christine Galanis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2002
      Hi Denise
          I believe the painting that you are referring to is  The Baths at  Caracalla by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema 1836-1912. It is featured in part on pg. 15 of the book  Support and Seduction by Beatrice Fontanel.
          Regards
          Christine Galanis
          The Ladies World

      CostumeHistoryClass@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Buy Stock for $4
      and no minimums.
      FREE Money 2002.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/Ey.GAA/xX1wlB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Tracking down a painting
      From: valancy@...

      _ _______________________________________________________________________

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:43:26 -0700 (PDT)
      From: valancy@...
      Subject: Tracking down a painting

      There is a painting I wanted to look at for costuming purposes, and I cannot
      remember the title or the artist, so I am not having much luck. I don't even
      know if once I find it if it will be like I remembered..
      It is in a lot of art books, and has 3 women sitting on a bench at the baths.
      At least one of the women is in a lounging position. I seem to recall that they

      have on white dresses with a sash that is wrapped in an "X" around
      their
      chest/breasts.

      Any help in identifying this would be great!
      Thanks,
      Denise