Islamic Dress/European Dress

  • a_b_cassel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      First off-

      I've built a site, I'll post the address soon.

      But...here's this assignment...

      The Prophet said that women should be covered and men should not look
      at them too lustfully. However there is some debate about including a
      headcovering with the strict dress codes. However, since it doesn't
      say specifically NOT to cover the head and describes a manner in which
      a headcovering seems logical, Islam dress included headcovers, veils.

      Flash forward to now, and keeping in mind the Byzantine era. A look
      at a catalog for modern Islamic dress is very similar to the Western
      European dress. Lush embroidery on the fabirc for decoration is the
      biggest similarity. But western clothes seemed more defined into
      dress, cape, hat. The Islamic clothing seems to flow more out of one
      piece that's wrapped looser around the woman. The western clothes
      could be tight in the bosom, or sleeves, or neck. Islamic clothes
      more of a wrap.