reasons for joining the class

  • lizziemay24
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2002
      I first became interested in costume when I joined an English Re-
      enactment society - Soskan - which attempts to interpret the American
      Civil War!
      I started to research the correct ways to make Victorian clothing and
      found that there was very little instruction and research over here
      in England. I subscribe to the Citizens Companion and look with
      jealousy at the classes that are held over in the States, so I was
      very happy to find these classes!
    • Ruth Sims
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2002
        Hi,
        I joined because I am interested in making costumes.  I love sewing and am a capable seamstress.  A friend of mine needed some wedding attire made, needed the old west style so I began researching to see what I could find out about the old west style for this wedding.  So...here's hoping I will learn much and continue on the path in which I have selected.

        I first became interested in costume when I joined an English Re-
        enactment society - Soskan - which attempts to interpret the American
        Civil War!
        I started to research the correct ways to make Victorian clothing and
        found that there was very little instruction and research over here
        in England. I subscribe to the Citizens Companion and look with
        jealousy at the classes that are held over in the States, so I was
        very happy to find these classes!

        FREE COLLEGE MONEY
        CLICK HERE to search
        600,000 scholarships!