Hello

  • jamck11
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2002
      My name is Amber McKinney, I am a theatre major at the University of
      Alaska Fairbanks. I am making up an incomplete for this class that I
      received spring semester 2001. I am looking foward to getting to
      know all of you better. My husband is in the US Army and our family
      will be relocating to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, so this
      course will be a "traveling across the states" class for me.
    • Carolle M Cox
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 10, 2002
        Fun! Hi, Amber!

        I'm Carolle Cox from Dallas, Texas. Auditing the course for fun, pure and
        simple. I'm also a full-time college student, majoring in Special
        Education, a wife to an engineering consultant, and mother to two
        teenagers. One's already in college, thank goodness! I, too, am looking
        forward to new information, and new people to trade it with!

        Carolle

        > My name is Amber McKinney, I am a theatre major at the University of
        > Alaska Fairbanks. I am making up an incomplete for this class that I
        > received spring semester 2001. I am looking foward to getting to
        > know all of you better. My husband is in the US Army and our family
        > will be relocating to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, so this
        > course will be a "traveling across the states" class for me.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jennifer Bidlingmeyer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 10, 2002
          Hi Amber, Carolle, and everyone else...

          I'm Jennifer Bidlingmeyer, from Detroit, MI, also auditing the course just for fun--history is my hobby! :) (In real life, I have a zoology degree and work at a veterinary clinic) I participate in Revolutionary War re-enacting, and am learning the art of 18th century costuming as I go. I am hoping to learn more about why fashions have evolved as they have, and what influences have been steady through the ages. I am, of couse, MOST interested in the 18th century, as it is my hobby, but I find fashion to be a fascinating subject, and I hope to learn a lot about other time periods as well. I look forward to getting input on my own perceptions of costume, and trading ideas with others in the class.

          Cheers!
          Jennifer
        • moonstarz1
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 12, 2002
            Hi, everybody! I'm Robin, from Frazier Park, California; I'm auditing the class for inspirational ideas and to improve my own techniques for  use in my historical doll costuming. I've been creating dolls for about 10 years now, since my daughter's birth, and it's become a hobby that we are sharing now. My hubby was a journeyman carpenter until last January when he was in a 15 vehicle accident; Now he is still recovering from all of his injuries and trying to get re-trained in something that he will be able to do with his new limitations. I look forward to hearing from you and any help that I can provide wil be offered.
            Robin

            I'm Jennifer Bidlingmeyer, from Detroit, MI, also auditing the course just for fun--history is my hobby! :) (In real life, I have a zoology degree and work at a veterinary clinic) I participate in Revolutionary War re-enacting, and am learning the art of 18th century costuming as I go. I am hoping to learn more about why fashions have evolved as they have, and what influences have been steady through the ages. I am, of couse, MOST interested in the 18th century, as it is my hobby, but I find fashion to be a fascinating subject, and I hope to learn a lot about other time periods as well. I look forward to getting input on my own perceptions of costume, and trading ideas with others in the class.

            Cheers!
            Jennifer

          • Dianne Hartshorn
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 12, 2002
              Robin best of luck to you and your husband
[...]

            • thecostumersmanifesto
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 14, 2002
                Hello Amber! It is nice to know I'll still be getting you in virtual
                form even when you have left all of us in the frozen north!

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 14, 2002
                  > I'm Jennifer Bidlingmeyer, from Detroit, MI, also auditing the
                  course just
                  > for fun--history is my hobby! :) I am, of couse, MOST interested
                  in the
                  > 18th century,

                  I too find I like 18th Century the best. This semester at UAF we will
                  be doing "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" (Dangerous Liaisons) so I'm rather
                  hyped up on 1785 (when the play, though not the film, is set) To keep
                  abreast of our progress on Liaisons see
                  http://www.costumes.org/pages/Liasions1.htm from time to time.
                • Leslie Ocampo
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
                    Thanks for this material.
                    I am pleasure to read all kind of information.
                    Leslie

                  • Aida
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 7, 2012
                      Thanks for replying to my email
                      I'm interested to take my knowledge and my skills to a higher level .

                      Sent from my iPhone
                    • zimt93
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 15 4:31 AM
                        I'm interested in history in general, but especially in the history of clothing from early medieval times onwards,including techniques,fibres, crafts, fashion, traditional costumes, but also the influence on art and painting (Nazarenians, Pre-Raphaelites, Art Nouveau, etc.)

                        Martine
                      • Jo-Anne
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                          Hi, I am a retired nurse who would have liked to go into costuming if I had another life. (I know , I know, i could still do it...but no more getting up early and living in the fast lane for me!) So at present, I am satisfying myself by studying fashion online and sewing some fashions for dolls. Why dolls you ask? Simple if I make a mistake...less ripping out.
                          I will probably lurk for awhile before actively participating. Thanks Ipperwashjo