documentary att: Jackie Wakeling and other corset wearers

  • Natasha Jacoby
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      Dear Jackie

      World of wonder are making a programme called the
      HISTORY OF CLEAVAGE
      for Channel 5 tv in England.

      Our contributors include Valerie Steele who is curator
      of the Fashion
      Institute of Techonology in NYC and author of FETISH -
      fashion and power. We
      are also interviewing the renowned anthropologist,
      Desmond Morris on the
      origins of the cleavage - he has an interesting body
      mimicry theory, as well
      as Aileen Ribeiro, who is Head of Costume at the
      Courtauld Institute in
      London. We also have a Greek classicist who will talk
      about the kestos, and
      a film critic who will look at films like THE OUTLAW
      and ERIN BROKOVITCH. So
      if you choose to participate in the project you will
      be in good company. We
      are hoping that it will be an intellectual, yet
      entertaining programme.

      We are interested in speaking to people who wear
      costume with particular reference to the cleavage in
      history and its enduring appeal of. It would be great
      to hear from you if you were interested in
      contributing to the programme, although you would need
      to be able to get access to NYC or Los Angeles.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best wishes
      Natasha Jacoby - associate producer

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1