interested

  • dogzrule@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2001
      I am interested in the history of costumes, because I am also
      studying world history. And you must be able to understand how people
      through the ages have clothed themselfes and because through history
      fashion has played a important part. also each period and countries
      have always changed what people have worn through the ages.And so
      fashion is as important as any other subject.
    • Alicia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2004
        I am interested in the history of fashion and dress because I am
        seriously considering a profession to do with historical clothing,
        possibly in theatre. I'd like to get some background knowledge on
        different periods, which will help me out when I go to research
        different times so I'll have a better understanding of what I am
        looking for and where to find it. I am hoping to try and get as much
        as possible out of this course because I really like history and I
        love to sew, so maybe I'll actually construct a few outfits during
        the next 4 months!

        -Alicia-

        http://www.geocities.com/prettylizabel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2004
          Alicia wrote:

          > I am hoping to try and get as much
          > as possible out of this course because I really like history and I
          > love to sew, so maybe I'll actually construct a few outfits during
          > the next 4 months!

          You can get bits of online help and how to info on costume costruction
          on this page of my other online class THR 254 Costume Design and
          Construction I: http://www.costumes.org/classes/254pages/thr254projects.htm

          Hope this helps!

          --
          ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer & Associate Professor