Re: [CostumeHistoryClass] Re: Tara's Trip photos

  • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2001
      jlc5f@... wrote:

      > Wow -- love the hats! but I have one question ...
      >
      > How friendly is excessively friendly? ROFL

      It involved grabbing of certain of our body parts, usually considered
      off limits to persons of short acquaintance, as well as an offer of a
      "threesome" for "coffee", and much more... (!!!!!!!!!!!)

      We declined, politely.

      ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer/Associate Professor
      Chair of the Theatre Department of University of Alaska Fairbanks
      Website: "The Costumer's Manifesto" at http://www.costumes.org
    • proth10698@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
        Hi Tara and everyone,
        Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
        Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still smiling
        after that) it looks like you guys had a great time.   The big question is,
        did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing?  It drives me nuts
        when I can't touch the stuff!
        Pat
      • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
          proth10698@... wrote:

          > Hi Tara and everyone,
          > Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
          >
          > Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still
          > smiling
          > after that) it looks like you guys had a great time. The big
          > question is,
          > did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing? It drives
          > me nuts
          > when I can't touch the stuff!
          > Pat

          No, no touchy feely on the costumes, but I found the touchy feely
          tourist quite amusing. It isn't often that two 40 something ladies get
          invited into such adventures! We were laughing ourselves silly after we
          politely sent him off...