RE: [CostumeHistoryClass] Tara's Trip photos

  • Sandy Snowden
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2001
      Thanks for sharing the photos. It was especially great to see the finer details on some of the costumes and paintings. Great ideas
      there! I am glad you had a good time. Perhaps I can get across the channel sometime to see some of this!

      Sandy Snowden
      Bracknell, UK

      Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:44:12 -0000
      From: "Tara Maginnis" <Tara@...>
      Subject: Tara's Trip photos

      I've finally got my photos for my recent trip to paris up at the site,
      including shots from the Musee de la Mode's latest Exhibit:
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/paris2001.htm
    • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2001
        jlc5f@... wrote:

        > Wow -- love the hats! but I have one question ...
        >
        > How friendly is excessively friendly? ROFL

        It involved grabbing of certain of our body parts, usually considered
        off limits to persons of short acquaintance, as well as an offer of a
        "threesome" for "coffee", and much more... (!!!!!!!!!!!)

        We declined, politely.

        ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer/Associate Professor
        Chair of the Theatre Department of University of Alaska Fairbanks
        Website: "The Costumer's Manifesto" at http://www.costumes.org
      • proth10698@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
          Hi Tara and everyone,
          Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
          Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still smiling
          after that) it looks like you guys had a great time.   The big question is,
          did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing?  It drives me nuts
          when I can't touch the stuff!
          Pat
        • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
            proth10698@... wrote:

            > Hi Tara and everyone,
            > Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
            >
            > Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still
            > smiling
            > after that) it looks like you guys had a great time. The big
            > question is,
            > did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing? It drives
            > me nuts
            > when I can't touch the stuff!
            > Pat

            No, no touchy feely on the costumes, but I found the touchy feely
            tourist quite amusing. It isn't often that two 40 something ladies get
            invited into such adventures! We were laughing ourselves silly after we
            politely sent him off...